Date: Session I - Thursday, August 9, 2018
Session II - Thursday, August 16, 2018
Session III - Thursday, August 23, 2018
Time: 7:00 p.m. — 9:00 p.m.
Location: Austin Energy – Town Lake Center, 721 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX 787O4
Learn how to build, remodel or buy green homes that improve energy and water efficiency, increase comfort, and reduce maintenance. The workshop is designed to provide a choice of topics based on your green building needs. Sessions are paired with Austin Energy Green Building team members who are available to provide insight and experience on sustainable building practices. Course materials and light snacks provided.
Session 1 | Planning and Designing a Green Home
- Identifying home design priorities with sustainability concepts in mind
- Understanding how sustainability applies to home design
- Learning how location, site and climate affect the design of a sustainable home
- Choosing your team and rating with Austin Energy Green Building
Session 2 | Green Materials, Products and Landscaping
- Designing homes that are material and resource efficient
- Selecting material choices that are healthier and safer
- Making informed decisions when choosing materials
- Understanding responsible landscaping features and strategies
Session 3 | Green Home Systems
- Designing and right-sizing mechanical systems for comfort and efficiency
- Comparing high efficiency lighting and appliances
- Selecting venting, water heating, and plumbing systems
- Exploring zero-energy capable home features and strategies
Attend one session or all for only $25. Advance registration is required and deadline is the day before each session. Register as early as possible in order to guarantee your seat in this popular workshop!
To register click here.